Google AdWords Can Bill Twice For One Click Through!
I recently read a report from a reputable source that if someone clicks on your link in Google AdWords, visits your site, returns to Google, and then hits the back button; Google counts this as another billable click.
It probably doesn’t occur too often. But wouldn’t you still kind of feel cheated by Google?
How To Minimize Bid Gaps
Bid gaps are the price differences between rankings in pay per click search engines.
#1 - $1.00
#2 - $5.00
#3 - $0.49
The bid gap between the #1 and #2 ranked listing is fifty cents, whereas the bid gap between the #2 and #3 listing is only one cent.
The majority of the major pay per click search engines does offer a minimum bid gap feature so that you only pay one cent more than the next highest ranked listing. However, the majority of the smaller pay per click search engines doesn’t offer this feature. So unless you minimize the bid gaps, manually, using a bid optimization service, or software program, you’re almost certainly paying more than you should for click throughs.
There are 4 types of bidding tools to help you minimize bid gaps…
2 Online Bid Gap Optimization Services
If you want to constantly monitor and optimize your keyword bids, then automated online keyword bid optimization services are a good option.
They work by monitoring your keyword bids to identify opportunities whereby they can minimize the gap between the price you are paying and the price you need to pay to maintain the position. When a bid gap is found, they automatically adjusts the bid for you to ensure you only pay one cent more than the highest ranked listing below yours.
- Go Toast - (Overture Approved) - Optimizes your bids and positions in 19 major pay per click search engines. Cost: From $79.95/month for monitoring 50 keywords on 16 pay per click search engines, twice a day, to a jaw-dropping $15,599.90/month for 1,000 keywords, on 27 engines, 48 times a day. Basic return on investment tracking aid included in price. The service works well, but can get expensive if you are monitoring a large number of keywords.
http://www.gotoast.com (no longer available)
- PPC BidTracker - (Overture Approved) - Supports Ah-Ha, ePilot, Espotting, FindWhat, Kanoodle, Overture (US, UK, France, Germany) and Sprinks. Monitors accounts every 30 minutes, with the exception of Overture. Cost: Ranges from $39.95 per month for up to 50 keywords on either Overture, or all engines except Overture, to $499.95 per month for 2,000 keywords on either Overture, or all engines except Overture. Above 2,000 keywords costs $499.95 + $.20 per keyword.
http://www.ppcbidtracker.com (no longer available)
2 Bid Gap Optimization Software
Keyword bid optimization software is similar to their online counterparts, except they run on your computer. Keyword bid optimization software usually costs far less than the monthly fees charged by self serve keyword bid optimization services.
The disadvantage is that unless you have a constant connection to the internet, the software will only monitor your bids when you are connected. This could lead to missed bidding opportunities.
- BidRank - (Overture Approved) – Supports Overture (US, UK, France, Germany), Ah-ha, BrainFox, Espotting, FindWhat, Kanoodle, SearchFeed, Sprinks, Xuppa, 411Web, LifeTips, Turbo 10. Operating Systems: Win 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP. Cost: BidRank for Overture - Standard (50 Keywords) $129 / Professional (500) $299 / Business (2,000) $449 / Enterprise (5,000) - $599. BidRank Plus - Standard (50 Keywords) $119 / Professional (500) $249 / Business (2,000) $349 / Enterprise (5,000) $399. (All versions include 1 year of free upgrades)
http://www.bidrank.com (no longer available)
- PPC Pro - (Overture Approved) – Supports Overture (US, UK, France, Germany), Google, Ah-ha, FindWhat, and Kanoodle. Prices include all updates and upgrades. Cost: PPC Pro Overture - $15/month or $119/lifetime for 50 keywords to $120/month or $949/lifetime for unlimited keywords. PPC Pro Non-Overture - $15/month or $99/lifetime for 50 keywords to $80/month or $699/lifetime for unlimited keywords.
Bid Gap Monitoring Software
Keyword bid monitoring software reports bid gaps. Unlike bid gap optimization tools, they do not automatically adjust your bids.
- PPC Bid Reporter Professional – Supports Overture (US, UK), 7Search, FindWhat, Xuppa, Kanoodle, ePilot, Ah-ha, Brain Fox, GoClick, eSpotting and Search Feed. Includes a built in keyword builder to help you create lists of keyword phrases. Cost: US$77 for single copy / $175 for site license, both of which includes one year of free updates.
http://www.ppctoolkit.com/products/gkwpro/(no longer available)